Okay, this entry is not about a song titled "the Scientist" by Radiohead. This is a story about a little girl..a long long time ago. A little girl who aspires to be a scientist. A girl who wants to be a scientist because of the Hollywood movies that she watched. A girl whose favourite movies are Back from the Future, the Flash, Spiderman, and the Incredible Hulk.
I am that little girl. I wanted to be a physician, chemist, or engineer. By 7th grade, I know I wanted to enter Bandung Institute of Technology, the MIT of Indonesia. When I reached the age of 13, I went to the Institute, along with my best friend. I fell in love with Bandung. I want to go there. I want to live there. Paris van Java- they called that city. It was also at that city that I found my first boyfriend. I don't think any of you- my regular reader knows this part. Now, you might think that he's a paedophile or something. No, he isn't. He was in high school and was about to enter the Institute. My first romance was in Bandung. Hanging out in Dago. Quite advanced for a 13 years old don't you think?
He entered the Institute. I didn't.
I don't know how I ended up in law. I guess it just happens. I was always studying science. I remember entering Physics competition, talking about chemistry, and was always doing math problem when I was in high school. Based on my performance, I was elected to be in a special science class. It never even passed my mind that I would be entering anything related to Social Studies- not to mention law. Social Studies was way below the league-at least that was the way it is perceived by my friends, family and society. But being sociable- I was the weird one among all of my geekish friend. Of the whole 50 classmates that I have- there was only 2 person who entered social studies- yes..I, myself and Margareth. The rest of my classmates seems to be transferred to Bandung Institute of Technology- or enter any university to be a Medical Doctor.
So there it is. I'm a geek. And loving it. And still aspire to be a Scientist.
I am that little girl. I wanted to be a physician, chemist, or engineer. By 7th grade, I know I wanted to enter Bandung Institute of Technology, the MIT of Indonesia. When I reached the age of 13, I went to the Institute, along with my best friend. I fell in love with Bandung. I want to go there. I want to live there. Paris van Java- they called that city. It was also at that city that I found my first boyfriend. I don't think any of you- my regular reader knows this part. Now, you might think that he's a paedophile or something. No, he isn't. He was in high school and was about to enter the Institute. My first romance was in Bandung. Hanging out in Dago. Quite advanced for a 13 years old don't you think?
He entered the Institute. I didn't.
I don't know how I ended up in law. I guess it just happens. I was always studying science. I remember entering Physics competition, talking about chemistry, and was always doing math problem when I was in high school. Based on my performance, I was elected to be in a special science class. It never even passed my mind that I would be entering anything related to Social Studies- not to mention law. Social Studies was way below the league-at least that was the way it is perceived by my friends, family and society. But being sociable- I was the weird one among all of my geekish friend. Of the whole 50 classmates that I have- there was only 2 person who entered social studies- yes..I, myself and Margareth. The rest of my classmates seems to be transferred to Bandung Institute of Technology- or enter any university to be a Medical Doctor.
So there it is. I'm a geek. And loving it. And still aspire to be a Scientist.
No comments:
Post a Comment