Some of you might know that whenever I really hate something, I am usually being tried with the same thing over and over. This time, it is with military people. My family has a hatred and hold grudges against anything related to military. Despite of the fact that my grandfather is a soldier ( hey, who isn't a soldier during the war for independence?)
I was never close with my grandfather, though I was beside him during his dying day. My grandfather was a captain with 7 children and a limited salary. Serving in that kind of world, where the male ego is always pumped, my grandmother tries to cover up for the daily expenses without bruising his ego. He is always fully served, and discipline is of main importance.
My grandfather lived with us for quite some year. He survived the independence war, the dutch and japanese colonization. He refused to bribe to work his way up the ladder. He didn't accept bribe- which resulted to the fact that most of his chidren was unable to continue to a higher education. Not to mention the fact that his background is unknown and added with his oriental looks- did not help him to go further in his carreer. It was so obvious that he was Chinese, so..no way to get into a higher rank.
Growing up, living with him is unbearable. Specific wake up time, specific praying time, it's all about discipline. Besides reading the holy book and pray at the specific time every single day..he always says the same advice over and over and over again.
"Practice makes perfect"
"Spoiled while young, Broke by the death time"
Good Lord! He manages my studying time, my TV time, and sleep at 9 pm every night. Besides his instruction, we never really talk. Seriously, the only time he talks is either instruction or advice. So, the last thing on my mind would be to be near or close with military people.
I hated military people so much that- once upon a time, when my ex-boyfriend wanted to enter the military academy- I told him I would dump him. I have this generalization that all this military people are so full of themselves and are way too proud and filled with their male ego, and most importantly- are stupid. When I dated the US Marine guy, I think my generalization is not quite true- though there is truth in my generalization. However, the dating experience strengthens my belief that I am not suitable with people with military background. Well, I met the US Air Force guy. Not to mention the fact when I found out that my friend in Indonesia just joined the military. Then along comes this Captain of Israel military- a fact that I found out after the third date. As if that is not enough, there is also this US Army girl that become one of my best friend.
Okay..no generalization. I promise. Now...no more military people..please?
I was never close with my grandfather, though I was beside him during his dying day. My grandfather was a captain with 7 children and a limited salary. Serving in that kind of world, where the male ego is always pumped, my grandmother tries to cover up for the daily expenses without bruising his ego. He is always fully served, and discipline is of main importance.
My grandfather lived with us for quite some year. He survived the independence war, the dutch and japanese colonization. He refused to bribe to work his way up the ladder. He didn't accept bribe- which resulted to the fact that most of his chidren was unable to continue to a higher education. Not to mention the fact that his background is unknown and added with his oriental looks- did not help him to go further in his carreer. It was so obvious that he was Chinese, so..no way to get into a higher rank.
Growing up, living with him is unbearable. Specific wake up time, specific praying time, it's all about discipline. Besides reading the holy book and pray at the specific time every single day..he always says the same advice over and over and over again.
"Practice makes perfect"
"Spoiled while young, Broke by the death time"
Good Lord! He manages my studying time, my TV time, and sleep at 9 pm every night. Besides his instruction, we never really talk. Seriously, the only time he talks is either instruction or advice. So, the last thing on my mind would be to be near or close with military people.
I hated military people so much that- once upon a time, when my ex-boyfriend wanted to enter the military academy- I told him I would dump him. I have this generalization that all this military people are so full of themselves and are way too proud and filled with their male ego, and most importantly- are stupid. When I dated the US Marine guy, I think my generalization is not quite true- though there is truth in my generalization. However, the dating experience strengthens my belief that I am not suitable with people with military background. Well, I met the US Air Force guy. Not to mention the fact when I found out that my friend in Indonesia just joined the military. Then along comes this Captain of Israel military- a fact that I found out after the third date. As if that is not enough, there is also this US Army girl that become one of my best friend.
Okay..no generalization. I promise. Now...no more military people..please?
No comments:
Post a Comment