Monday, May 23, 2005

Italy

I sat at Piazzas,
amazed by sculptures,
of inventors and artists,
who captivates beauty and science in a unity.
One third for each proportion,
the equation of leg to the body,
the arm to the face,
and perfectly sculpted,
the image of a perfect man-
that becomes a dogma.

While sipping my capuccino,
best brewed and tastes like a real thing,
unlike instant coffee or starbucks,
I listen to the music,
the very same kind which they play a thousand years ago.

And I went to the colloseum,
where blood, tears and life were sacrificed,
as an embodiment of power by the great.
And there I was,
in the very same building,
where Maximus stood,
hundred years parted,
and it felt... surreal.

in the end,
only civilized people appreciate art,
when the basic necessity is fulfilled.

when art has become a culture,
and beauty is in appreciation,
the culture becomes a history.

I want to stay here, where beauty is in perfection,
for everything in the surrounding-is indeed perfect.

No comments: