Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Euro Trip part 3

Paris

So there I was, in the most romantic city where I find no romance at all. What I remember vividly during this trip to Paris was my memory of childhood. This is my second trip to Paris, 12 years apart from my first visit to Paris. I didn't get to the top of Eiffel Tower, since it will bring traumatic childhood memory. I was a restrained hyper active child who is overly curious. As I saw the Eiffel Tower from far away, I remembered how I kept on asking questions and running all around when my dad and I took the elevator to the top of the tower. My dad was tired and sick of me by that time- so he told me that if i didn't shut up- he will throw me from the top of the tower. That really did shut me up and created a distance between us- even 20 years after that statement. Eiffel did not give me a lot of fantasy since that time. So I saw that tower from far away, and i imagined how lonely Eiffel was when he was staying alone on the top of the tower. Obligatory picture taking- so my mother could put my picture in the living room to show how worldly her daughter is.

I was so happy in Versailles because I adored all the gold coated, Renaissance style furniture in there. I have always adored Napoleon Bonaparte and stared blankly to his coronation painting for hours. The memory of childhood was not that frightening that time- because although we walked for 12 hours, my dad didn't yell at me that time.

I wish that we are not staying at any Parisian hotel- again because of the childhood memories. I remembered how rude they were to me-not to mention that my finger was stucked in an old elevator and I was bleeding and crying the whole night while every other person in the hotel were yelling at me. I resisted Paris ever since.

p.s. My third visit to Paris kinda changed my opinion of Paris- but let's just save that for later.


Austria

I love Austria. It was simply beautiful. I went to see the monument dedicated for Marie Antoinette. Then we went to eat some apple stroudel- and visited the Mozart building. I long to visit Austria again.

If it was not because of an asshole who ruined my dream to be in the Willem C.Vis Competition in Austria, I would have visited Austria again circa 2002-2004. Oh yeah..have you heard the story of this asshole? Basically he's my senior in my lawschool. He went to the Vis Competition and will be the judge to choose the member of the mootcourt. I, being aspired to enter an arbitration mootcourt since my major was business law- told him my intention to enter the internal recruitment.
Who would have thought that a such a senior, instead of encouraging me..laughed at me and told me.."You want to join the Vis...? Over my dead body..because I will try as I might not to select you...". Not to mention that he said" Besides that, you were not the Best Oralist on the Last Moot Court, weren't you..you were ONLY the Most Eloquent Oralist". Such an asshole. I hate him. Fuck you, asshole! You never even got any prize in the Asian Moot Court. You lied to the whole law school about your rank at the Vis Moot Court- the audacity of telling everyone that you got the 75th rank when you got the 105th rank. Kiss my ass now..look at how far discouraging and letting other people down got you. Hope you are happy with your life as a married government official now. Oh I love to see that surprised face when I told him I contacted Eric Bergsten, the committee for the competition. I am such a passive aggressive freak!!!

Okay...am going now..let's continue later...

No comments: