I remember my Euro Trip a few years ago, where we visited 10 countries in Europe in 20 days. Perished in sophisticated places. By the twentieth day, by all means i think I have already forgotten which country is which. Lichtenstein and Belgium seems similar. Similarly forgotten and without a trait that I could pin point exactly which is which.
Netherlands
Netherlands
The trip started in Netherlands, where we went to..where else if not the famous Red Light District. Then we went to Vollendam- where we took pictures as the fisherman and housewifes with their big clogs. This picture seems to play a great emphasis in Indonesian culture. Being a colony of Dutch- where in the past the fact that you went to Netherlands seems to signify your status as either rich or educated- the remnants of this mindset still exist. Every rich family seems to put their pictures in the oversized clogs and fake fish in their living room. All for the sake of showing how great you are that you went to Netherlands. In Vollendam, the studio was packed with Indonesian.
Italy-Rome
Next destination was Rome and Italy. After a trip to the Sistine Chapel- which I think is so amazingly beautiful- yet no one from the trip seem to be willing to enter simply because they are Moslems- we went to Milan, Florence,Venice and Verona.
Milan was exciting- where everyone is Stylin..The place where the plumber and construction workers looks amazing. Yet, I was a devoted and faithful girlfriend of my lovely boyfriend by that time. So, even if a man as gorgeous as Joseph was sent naked to my hotel room- I am 100% sure that I would not do anything. What else to do in Milan but to shop? Prada, Armani, Fendi..you name every italian brand that exist- I got it. My boyfriend by that time made a great emphasis for me to buy as many things as I want with his credit card-because he wants to spoil me. I, of course, do not hesitate any further.
After that we went to Florence, or shall I say..Firenze, where they have the most delicious coffee and the most amazing spaghetti. We had a fancy dinner where I dressed like a white thrash because I was so fucking tired that I don't even care to change. Thanks to my rich companion who are well dressed, that they let me in.
Then off we go to Venice the next morning- we stroll around the whole city, which was crowded by Americans and couples trying to get into every gondola. What amazes me most about Venice was the building- being an architect daughter who are well equipped with knowledge about construction- rather than the fake romanticism of a gondola (again- I didn't go there with my boyfriend, otherwise, it would be a different story).
Somewhere along the way we went to see The Pisa Tower. We spend the whole day through every other tower and tried to get into and climb the Pisa Tower- too bad I wasn't allowed to climb the whole way through- otherwise I would.
The next destination was Verona- the city of Romeo and Juliet. I saw the tunnel which supposedly was the place where Juliet would scream "Romeo..romeo..where art thou?". As a custom and a cultural gesture- i ensure that I touched Juliet tits. Oh no, it was not the real Juliet- it was a bronze statue of her. Heck..if touching tits is what i need to do to find love, then so be it.
Gosh..this would be too long of a post if I tell my whole trip in one post. So, after these first batch of 3 countries- I will post the rest of the countries that I travelled. Next post will be about:
Paris
Austria
Germany
Switzerland
Lichtenstein
Belgium
United Kingdom
For now, I am going to yoga and will be packing for my next trip.
No comments:
Post a Comment