The most important question before entering into a relationship, be it a romantic, platonic, or friendship is: "Can I be in this relationship and still be myself?"
If the answer is NO, then don't be in that relationship, and on the contrary, if the answer is YES then you should try it. However, since the very nature of human being is unstable in words and easily swayed and changed in attitude- even if the initial answer to the question is NO, you could not completely discounted and rejected to be in such relationship solely on the basis of your initial answer. You should also remember, that relationship is always evolving and changing- and being yourself does not mean that you can't compromise certain act. Compromise certain things, and most importantly, do not lose yourself or your identity.
I found that I really appreciate being in any kind of relationship with other people, however there is such a big temptation for me to change myself into what the other person perceive and expect me to be. And this is one big task for me. So from now on, everytime the tempation comes, I ask myself- whether I am comfortable with it and continiously asking.."are you with me, my heart?"
Relationship just becomes so much more easier these days- since I realized- that the most important relationship is the one that i have with myself.
If the answer is NO, then don't be in that relationship, and on the contrary, if the answer is YES then you should try it. However, since the very nature of human being is unstable in words and easily swayed and changed in attitude- even if the initial answer to the question is NO, you could not completely discounted and rejected to be in such relationship solely on the basis of your initial answer. You should also remember, that relationship is always evolving and changing- and being yourself does not mean that you can't compromise certain act. Compromise certain things, and most importantly, do not lose yourself or your identity.
I found that I really appreciate being in any kind of relationship with other people, however there is such a big temptation for me to change myself into what the other person perceive and expect me to be. And this is one big task for me. So from now on, everytime the tempation comes, I ask myself- whether I am comfortable with it and continiously asking.."are you with me, my heart?"
Relationship just becomes so much more easier these days- since I realized- that the most important relationship is the one that i have with myself.
No comments:
Post a Comment