I was assigned by the yoga place to distribute flyers and to attract as many new members as possible. I groaned and tried to run away from this job. AAARGGGHHH...I just cannot handle rejection- and I always run away from all those people who are begging for money and ditributing flyers in the street. I either pretend not to see them, to be on the phone, or listening to music, so as not to pay attention to them.
But I decided not to let my fear to overcome, and I agreed to distribute the flyers. Before going out to distribute the flyers, I worked out- because the distribution will take a lot of energy- and I have to be positive. People at the yoga place told me that we attract a certain kind of people- if we appear postive, the positive people will come.
Anyways, after working out and started to think positively, I went out to distribute the flyers. Standing in the middle of Harvard Square, I went out of my comfort zone, my fear is taking over...what if anyone from law school see me? what would they think of me?...Okay..relax..everything is ok, i thought..I can overcome this. Smile..think positively...you are here to help them..."Hello Sir..Are you interested in free yoga class?"and he just passed away and didn't even looked at me...
Okay...I can't do this...I am so angry of being rejected that I want to punch him in the face. Damn it..I told my senior instructor that I can't do it, I cannot handle being rejected. She said, "Don't take it personally..it is not about you". But I simply can't. She told me that everytime someone is saying No to me, I should say 'I love you' to them in my heart. It actually did feel better. I do not handle rejection personally..and with every 'I love you's' that I said, I really do mean it, and I feel my heart was so filled with love, and I became much more happier.
By the end of the distribution time, I think I have been living my 'I love you' way too much, that I have only attracted men to the yoga center- and not one single man rejected my flyer. Based on my observation, older people are so much more nicer, while fashionable men and skinny women with make ups are rude to me. I don't know why, but maybe I unconcsipusly have a competition streak with them...or they simply are just rude.
And so I learn..that a lot of times, love can be felt without being said- and not to take rejection personally...a lot of times it's just them, not you.
But I decided not to let my fear to overcome, and I agreed to distribute the flyers. Before going out to distribute the flyers, I worked out- because the distribution will take a lot of energy- and I have to be positive. People at the yoga place told me that we attract a certain kind of people- if we appear postive, the positive people will come.
Anyways, after working out and started to think positively, I went out to distribute the flyers. Standing in the middle of Harvard Square, I went out of my comfort zone, my fear is taking over...what if anyone from law school see me? what would they think of me?...Okay..relax..everything is ok, i thought..I can overcome this. Smile..think positively...you are here to help them..."Hello Sir..Are you interested in free yoga class?"and he just passed away and didn't even looked at me...
Okay...I can't do this...I am so angry of being rejected that I want to punch him in the face. Damn it..I told my senior instructor that I can't do it, I cannot handle being rejected. She said, "Don't take it personally..it is not about you". But I simply can't. She told me that everytime someone is saying No to me, I should say 'I love you' to them in my heart. It actually did feel better. I do not handle rejection personally..and with every 'I love you's' that I said, I really do mean it, and I feel my heart was so filled with love, and I became much more happier.
By the end of the distribution time, I think I have been living my 'I love you' way too much, that I have only attracted men to the yoga center- and not one single man rejected my flyer. Based on my observation, older people are so much more nicer, while fashionable men and skinny women with make ups are rude to me. I don't know why, but maybe I unconcsipusly have a competition streak with them...or they simply are just rude.
And so I learn..that a lot of times, love can be felt without being said- and not to take rejection personally...a lot of times it's just them, not you.
No comments:
Post a Comment