Thursday, February 01, 2007

Is it worth it?

I am in a dillema. I love US. I love Indonesia. Where do I want to live though? Financially, I will make much more money in Indonesia. In the term of friends, all my true and close friends are in Indonesia. Career wise, it is easier to climb up the ladder in Indonesia, especially with the background and connection that I have built.

The only thing that becomes a barrier for living in Indonesia is...my family, my religion, and the values. US on the other hand, is the land of possibilities. There is no barrier to become anything I want to be, as long as I focus. But it gets lonely in here. Everyone just works hard, it's all about being aggresive and showing your individuality. To get anywhere in the political and or career ladder, I have to work five times as hard. There is no shortcut. I have to rebuild everything.

I get bored easily. In US, I could do as many freelance as I want. US seems to be the land where I re-invent everything. But to stay here..is not as easy as it seems. There is a price to pay for it. That price is not cheap. I am thinking of marrying my best friend. He is a kind and trustworthy American man. My dream marriage has always been about the romantic proposal with all the long lasting monogamy thing. Is it worth it...to sacrifice one dream for another dream?

No comments: