Everyone has an expectation. Sometimes, it's a big expectation. A lot of times, it's a positive expectation. But there are also times, when your expectation caught you and you didn't realize the reality that hits you. And if you are lucky, sometimes what happens is even greater than what you have expected. For those who hits correctly, their expectation becomes a reality.
My parents thought me different things. One expects only the best out of me, while the other one always puts me down to keep me grounded. Both did their best to protect me. It seems weird how people always seems to have a certain expectation of me. Looking back, I think I name my blog beyond expectation because I am sick with what other expects from me. A new beginning. Trying to find out about myself.
I took the wrong way in trying to know myself. I begin by listing down what people think about me. After so many attempts of classifying people's expectation of me, I was confused. Hell..anyone who tries to define themselves based on how people see them will be confused. Everyone seems to see different thing from me.
I expect myself to be someone big. I expect to have achievements. I expect myself to make a change. I expect myself to help others. I expect myself to have adventurous life.
What underlies all this expectation? What happens beyond this expectations? Fear? The want of recognition? Admiration? The need to do good? What if this is all there is? What if my life is just the way it is? What if this is the highest point in my life? Why do I keep on wanting more? What is it that I seek? Why do I keep on choosing the dangerous over the safe? Where does all this feelings and wanting stems from?
I am so confused.
My parents thought me different things. One expects only the best out of me, while the other one always puts me down to keep me grounded. Both did their best to protect me. It seems weird how people always seems to have a certain expectation of me. Looking back, I think I name my blog beyond expectation because I am sick with what other expects from me. A new beginning. Trying to find out about myself.
I took the wrong way in trying to know myself. I begin by listing down what people think about me. After so many attempts of classifying people's expectation of me, I was confused. Hell..anyone who tries to define themselves based on how people see them will be confused. Everyone seems to see different thing from me.
I expect myself to be someone big. I expect to have achievements. I expect myself to make a change. I expect myself to help others. I expect myself to have adventurous life.
What underlies all this expectation? What happens beyond this expectations? Fear? The want of recognition? Admiration? The need to do good? What if this is all there is? What if my life is just the way it is? What if this is the highest point in my life? Why do I keep on wanting more? What is it that I seek? Why do I keep on choosing the dangerous over the safe? Where does all this feelings and wanting stems from?
I am so confused.
No comments:
Post a Comment