My dear Juniors,
This is a letter for all of you. I know how you all must be feeling right now. When something feels so rightfully to be yours, when something that you want badly, when something that you have worked your ass on day and night; is taken away from you. Believe me, I was there. It doesn't feel good. It feels terrible. You somehow question whether there is something wrong with you. You find it hard to believe and wish you could go back and undo whatever mistakes that you have done.
Don't let anyone or anything ever make you doubt yourself. You are perfect just the way you are. The fact that the trophy is not in your hand, does not make you any less perfect.
If you don't believe that, then you are also discrediting my credibility. I was once defeated by Alamo. Does that mean I am less smart than he is? Does that mean that I am no way better than he is?
It took a long time to swallow my pride, to stop questioning my ability, and to be able to look at him without being angry (if i can see the judges, it will take a long time too to be able to look at them and not punch them in the eye). But you know what? The only one who is being destroyed with all the anger and bitterness is me. As cliche as it sounds, let it go. I know it is easier said than done, but this is the best way.
I know you will be impeccable at the international rounds. I never lie. I will see you in DC. I love all of you.
This is a letter for all of you. I know how you all must be feeling right now. When something feels so rightfully to be yours, when something that you want badly, when something that you have worked your ass on day and night; is taken away from you. Believe me, I was there. It doesn't feel good. It feels terrible. You somehow question whether there is something wrong with you. You find it hard to believe and wish you could go back and undo whatever mistakes that you have done.
Don't let anyone or anything ever make you doubt yourself. You are perfect just the way you are. The fact that the trophy is not in your hand, does not make you any less perfect.
If you don't believe that, then you are also discrediting my credibility. I was once defeated by Alamo. Does that mean I am less smart than he is? Does that mean that I am no way better than he is?
It took a long time to swallow my pride, to stop questioning my ability, and to be able to look at him without being angry (if i can see the judges, it will take a long time too to be able to look at them and not punch them in the eye). But you know what? The only one who is being destroyed with all the anger and bitterness is me. As cliche as it sounds, let it go. I know it is easier said than done, but this is the best way.
I know you will be impeccable at the international rounds. I never lie. I will see you in DC. I love all of you.
1 comment:
Thank you so much Gi. Don't worry, we're fine and bullish on improving ourselves no matter what.
Can't wait to see u in DC! :)
Post a Comment