I can't wait to be back in Indonesia. I can't wait to smell the polluted air, the hectic traffic, the filthy beggars, the fully air conditioned buildings, and above all that... my friends. I found out that the most invaluable thing in my life is my friends.
Long gone were my American dreams. The clash of culture made me realized that I am truly an Indonesian from within. 2 years I survived without any Indonesian friends at all, but my life has never been happier then the past 5 months when I hang out with my fellow Indonesians.
Some may laugh and think of how dependent I am. Just some words from me, the higher you get, the lonelier it became. If I had to do it all over again, I don't know if I would ever choose Harvard again. Honestly, I would say that I don't have any friend from Harvard. Maybe one person- tops.
Cambridge , is set only for short term thing. Everyone just can't wait to get out of their school or job that are in Cambridge. This place is only a pit stop, where you would go on with the race and try to get to the finish line as soon as possible. But then again, these are all lessons that I have learned. I thank Cambridge for this experience, but I don't want to be in this place any longer than I am supposed to be. Sometimes enough is enough. At this point, I would think twice for any offer to prolong my stay in US. I guess the honeymoon stage is over. Things are not always what it seems to be.
Long gone were my American dreams. The clash of culture made me realized that I am truly an Indonesian from within. 2 years I survived without any Indonesian friends at all, but my life has never been happier then the past 5 months when I hang out with my fellow Indonesians.
Some may laugh and think of how dependent I am. Just some words from me, the higher you get, the lonelier it became. If I had to do it all over again, I don't know if I would ever choose Harvard again. Honestly, I would say that I don't have any friend from Harvard. Maybe one person- tops.
Cambridge , is set only for short term thing. Everyone just can't wait to get out of their school or job that are in Cambridge. This place is only a pit stop, where you would go on with the race and try to get to the finish line as soon as possible. But then again, these are all lessons that I have learned. I thank Cambridge for this experience, but I don't want to be in this place any longer than I am supposed to be. Sometimes enough is enough. At this point, I would think twice for any offer to prolong my stay in US. I guess the honeymoon stage is over. Things are not always what it seems to be.
No comments:
Post a Comment