Let's be friends. A simple word that would always make me happy. After all, I love my friends, and I love having new friends, hanging out with friends, and sharing all the happy times together. But for once in my life, these words hurts more than ever.
Once, there was a guy that I loved so much that it would hurts. But I wouldn't give up, no matter how many times he hurts me, I would keep on loving him. So when he said let's be friends, with my utter stupidity and naivete, I was thrilled to the bone. One way ahead to become lovers. After all, shouldn't lovers be able to be friends? Shouldn't love grew out of friendship?
Well, apparently in a not so naive world, that means:
- I am not interested in you
- I don't want to be in a relationship with you
- but, if we can still have sex- we'll have sex- as long as no relationship will ever be between us
Imagine my surprise to know that I was never invited to things that he would do with his friends. I was kept wondering...why would he ask me to be his friend, but never ask me to go out and do the friendly gathering with him and his friends?
Let's be friends,... sweet, deceptive and hurts so much more than saying things that I would normally say to people who are interested in me but whom I am not interested to. I would have to say that I am almost incapacitated in expressing words that falls within emotional range. With a different subset of culture, it becomes quite hard. I simply couldn't read between the lines. However, knowing the hurt and pain inflicted by these words..I made a promise to myself to never use those words.
Thursday, June 21, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment