The recurring theme in my life seems to be that I will face whatever judgment and opinion that I made.
When I hated America and Americans, I got sent to America and dated the nicest American I have ever met in my life by that time.
When I hated government official, I dated a senator and my very best friend became a goverment official.
When I hated the police and all its hierarchical structure, I dated a guy whose whole family joined the police academy, well except him- due to my influence upon him..which i am regretting nowadays.
When I hated US policy in Iraq, i dated an American who was sent to Iraq.
And when I have my opinion about the Israeli army and strongly supports the Palestinian- which I showed during my visit there...I met MD.
Sometimes I ask God..what good is free speech, if you keep on opposing my judgment and my opinion? I am sure You know damn well God, that I could never win any argument with you...So I learned the lesson that I should not rush into judgment easily-and most importantly- to listen and see things as they really are.
MD told me that I am by far the most tolerant Moslem that he has ever met. I don't know whether or not that is a good thing. I am who I am. I do not represent anyone or any other organization. I do not have any affiliation. I really dislike the fact that since I am born and believe a certain religion, then I should be held accountable. I hesitate to talk about my religion or my state of nationality. It is just too big of a burden to carry, and I am not strong enough. Besides, there are always a different spectrum to a story, and I don't see why my action and words should be taken as to represent the whole- because to talk of the whole is to talk and take into account the whole spectrum and perspective-the unity and truth in every person's judgment, opinion, and spectrum.
I really have difficulty being in US, where everyone seems to have and hold their opinion..about almost everything-you name it. I don't like to say my opinion and judgment. There are two reasons for that, firstly-because I think opinion and judgment is something that is yours, the nature is private and personal- and I only share it with certain people. Secondly, I just don't see the point of arguing over whose opinion is wrong and whose opinion is right, I seriously don't care about a lot of things. I don't really have the time and energy to debate on opinion and bull shit talking like what the strongest animal is, or what beer taste the best, who is the sexiest woman alive, or what is the best movie ever. Seriously...who cares? But, if you talk about Guantanamo Bay, Iran, Tsunami, Katrina..I will be more than willing to participate. Why? Because these involves ideas and facts that could form public opinion and even encourage people to invent ways and ideas for progress.
So..if you have opinion..fine have it, but don't waste my time to tell me your opinion, unless I asked for it-or, if saying your opinion could be productive.
But then again, US is the country where individualism is the highest rule. Everything in here is always about "What I think..","My opinion is...","I would say..". Whereas I come from a country where the moment you say anything that contains the word "I"- nobody will ever listen to you..because everything has a hierarchical order. And don't ever try to be unique..you will pe pinched down to make sure that you are not different from anyone else-in summary these could be summarized in two deductive points: who cares about your opinion,and you alone with your damn opinion is not significant, at all.
Again..another paradigm of being an alien in US.
No comments:
Post a Comment