
In the year of 2005, I promised to tell what will happen on my valentine's day in 2006. This year, my valentine's day was great, I had a boyfriend and we went on a valentine's day dinner with two other couples. I had fun. Not to mention that his birthday was on that day- so his brother and I made a surprise birthday party for him the following weekend.
That valentine was perhaps the second time that I have ever had valentine's dinner- since I began dating (which seems like soooo long ago, since I was an early starter in the dating game..hey don't hate the player..hate the game ;P).
But following this years valentine was an aftermath that i could not bear, well to sum up- we basically went in a different way..why? i shall give the classic answer, we wanted different things..or another classic one- irreconcilable differences.
This year, I am not going to wait for someone to take me out to dinner, someone to buy me roses, someone to give me cards, or even chocolate. NO. I will still send cards, greetings and chocolate to those that I love- but I do not expect to get any. And in stating and professing my love through all the roses and chocolate thing, I will buy one for myself. Why? Because I love myself. The fact that I love myself is enough- and if somebody else is not around to profess that i deserved to be loved and to be given roses and chocolate does not bother me anymore. There it goes. You may think that I have become a pessimist and feminist..but to tell you the truth...I don't think I can be categorized as that. However, I respect the opinion.
In order to tackle all the sorry look from the couples around me that will be spending their romantic night together with dinner and sex (if they got lucky)..I am going to do the most romantic thing to make myself happy. I think I will volunteer at the church, hospital or orphanage. After all, isn't the greatest love is the love to humankind (which includes myself, of course...). In giving love, love grows even more...
No comments:
Post a Comment